Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anger

Anger.
Like a vengeful human on a leash
If you were to be freed
What damage, what destruction…
What chaos.

But making me stay is a strain
Why not just yell me out?
Break something inanimate
Or animate…

No.

Freedom of expression?

Is to hurt?
Is to break?
No.
That is savagery.

I am.

If u must express yourself
Do it in a civilised way.
Art, music, poetry, conversation,
Reason, logic…

That would make me stop existing.

Wouldn’t it.

Don’t smile so derisively.
In your wish to be rid of me
There is violence.

You.
You are the reason for
My blood pressure.

If you let me do as I want,
I wouldn’t be.
You cage me and expect me to disappear.

What else can I do?

1 comment:

Tarun n Celia said...

In the rage to live... is life. Without Shakti, Shiva is a corpse.

Interesting poem... philosophical and yet deeply felt.

Esp the point that the extreme of pacifism is megadeath.