Saturday, December 8, 2007

Damage to the Heart


15/3/2


I don’t know what I’m doing

I don’t know what I’ve done.

I don’t know what is true and not,

I don’t know what is what.


There’s nothing I can do ‘cause

There’s nothing in my hands,

But there’s something wrong,


Life goes on with no-matter-what

My heart goes through it too.

It gets slashed, smashed, cracked, thrashed,

Kicked, scratched, beaten and bashed

But it doesn’t break.


Obsession and love

Attachment and affection,

The monsters and causes

Of all heart infections,


Horrible, terrible

Unimaginable!


Life is bad, life is cruel!

Life is ruthless, love is rue!

I go through it, its real to me.

It may seem trivial but

It’s as bad as can be!


Not far away as love seems to be,

The glass I’m looking through

Is playing tricks on me.


Yearning as I am for it,

Despising it now I,

Rather than to live like this

Any day I’d die. But

There’s more to live for,

That’s what people say.

What? What? What is there?

Nothing for me, no way!


It’s bad, it’s sad,

It’s driving me mad!

Rubbish, nonsensical

Loves painful and illogical.

1 comment:

Janani said...

in all these old poems, my style is unspecific, verbose and there's too much of beating around the bush.
many times while typing them out, i was tempted to change and delete parts to suit my present style...but here it is...mostly unchanged(just commas and fullstops fixed)

that was the jan of the past